Isabella Invitations


Welcome to our blog!

Isabella Invitations (formerly Elegant Custom Invitations) is a custom invitations design studio located in Houston, Texas. We specialize in custom and catalog stationery for your special day. Visit our website at http://www.IsabellaInvitations.com.

Enjoy... :)

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Current Work

I had the opportunity to work on Ayo & James' wedding invitations. I was actually contacted by Ayo's sister, Kemi who lives here in Houston. Ayo lives in Florida! I have never met the Bride before but I had a fun time creating their floral themed invitations. Kemi saw the invitation I designed for Patricia and Mike and totally fell in love with it. So we decided to mirror that but changed the design. The invitation is a single flat card with a lined envelope. Their enclosures were the reception card, hotel accommodations card and the response/ rsvp postcard.
Enjoy!














Another bride that I was privileged to work with was LaNissa. Actually, LaNissa's mom was the one who contacted me to set up the consult. Here's a funny story, since they live in south texas and I work from west houston, I decided to meet up with them at the Starbucks in the Galleria Area. When I got there, there weren't any seats inside so I sat outside (Thank God it was somewhat nice outside!) So I saw them walk past me and they also looked at me and didn't know I was the one and they took a seat right behind me!!!!. The phone# LaNissa's mom gave me was her work # and didn't realize that until I called the # and heard her voicemail greeting. Anyways, we finally realized I was the one they were looking for. I always tells clients to look out for my big 'ol box. Apparently, they were expecting a real "big 'ol" box and not the medium size box I carried around. Ironically, we were in front of the Container Store so I got another box!!!

Ok that said, LaNissa wanted something "chick" with her wedding colors Brown and Pink (Which I totally love, see the website colors :) ) When she saw the invitations I made for Shannon and Mark, she loved it especially because those were also her wedding colors. I usually try not to use the same designs twice but sometimes my hands get tied a little if that's what the bride wants. So LaNissa's invite was a metallic pocketfold and 3 - layered look (1st: Invitation layer; 2nd: Brown layer; 3rd: Pink layer) Here are the pics:



No comments: